Enter our competition for a chance to win two tickets to see a-ha at the O2 on Valentines Day
To coincide with the release of a new album and accompanying concert film in November 2017, a-ha return with a string of live dates in early 2018 and the group have revealed they will perform their only UK show at The O2 on Wednesday 14 February 2018.
Following on from the success of their tenth album Cast in Steel in 2015 and subsequent world tour, Morten Harket, Pål Waaktaar-Savoy and Magne Furuholmen are returning once more with a new a-ha album and live dates. This time, however, rather than in the studio, the album will be recorded live on stage in June 2017; performed acoustically rather than with their normal electric and electronic set up. The band will then embark on an intimate, acoustic tour, as you’ve never heard them before.
‘We’ve always done unplugged stuff on each show,’ explains Pål about the origins of the project, ‘but we’ve never done a full concert. So that’s going to be cool.’ For him, it’s a rare chance to hear the songs in the way they were originally written: ‘A lot of the songs were written [this way], we don’t really use of a lot of technology when we write.’
The result, according to Magne is going to be a mixture of ‘the old hits, stuff from the catalogue that we haven’t performed for a long time, if ever, and some new stuff … we’ve rediscovered some of the old songs and look forward to turning this into something for our listeners.’
Book now by calling 0207 851 0300
Enter our competition for the chance to win two tickets to see a-ha at the O2 on Valentine’s day February 14 2018.
Term and conditions
1. The promoter is London Theatre Bookings
2. Employees of London Theatre Bookings or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Route to entry for the competition is via social media by retweeting and following the Twitter page.
5. Closing date for entry will be Wednesday 7th February 2018 at Midnight. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows: 2 x tickets to see a-ha at the O2 on February 14th 2018
8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
10. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
11. Winners will be chosen by an independent adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by the London Theatre Bookings.
12. The winner will be notified by social media within 48 hours of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
13. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
14. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
17. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
18. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing email@example.com
19. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
20. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to London Theatre Bookings and not to any other party.
Check out our theatre news here