Enter our competition for a chance to win a DVD or CD of the live broadcast of Jesus Christ Superstar
Enter our competition for a chance to win a DVD or CD of the live broadcast of Jesus Christ Superstar.
The live event aired on NBC on Easter Sunday 2018 and attracted almost 10 million viewers. The soundtrack features an all-star cast: Oscar, Golden Globe, Tony and 10-time Grammy winner John Legend (Jesus Christ), Broadway star and acclaimed recording artist Sara Bareilles (Mary Magdalene), rock icon Alice Cooper (King Herod) and Tony Award-winning producer and ‘Hamilton’ alum Brandon Victor Dixon (Judas). Executive producers include Jesus Christ Superstar’s composer Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyricist Tim Rice.
Sony Masterworks Broadway is excited to release the 2CD set of ‘Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert – Original Soundtrack of the NBC Television Event’, featuring lyrics by Tim Rice and music by Andrew Lloyd Webber. In addition, the Live Concert DVD is set for release on June 15th and is available now for pre-order. Drawing over 10 million viewers, NBC’s highly anticipated special event ‘Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert’ received rave reviews for its production, calling it “genuinely thrilling’’ (The New York Times), “truly transcendent” (Hollywood Reporter) and “the best live TV musical yet’’ (The Daily Beast).
The all-star cast features Oscar, Golden Globe, Tony and 10-time Grammy winner John Legend (Jesus Christ); 2018 Tony Awards co-host, Broadway star and acclaimed recording artist Sara Bareilles (Mary Magdalene); rock icon Alice Cooper (King Herod) and Tony Award-winning producer and ‘Hamilton’ alum Brandon Victor Dixon (Judas). The stellar cast also includes Tony nominee Ben Daniels (Pontius Pilate); Tony nominee Norm Lewis (Caiaphas); Broadway veteran Jason Tam (Peter); ‘M. Butterfly’ star Jin Ha (Annas) and Swedish rock starErik Gronwall (Simon Zealotes).
The production will be helmed by esteemed British theatre director David Leveaux. Rounding out the full, award-winning creative team is Emmy Award-winning live television director and executive producer Alex Rudzinski (‘Hairspray Live!’, ‘Dancing With the Stars’); Emmy- and Tony Award-winning costumer designer Paul Tazewell (‘The Wiz Live!’, ‘Hamilton’); Grammy Award-winning music producer Harvey Mason Jr. (‘The Wiz Live!’); musical director Nigel Wright (‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ world arena tour); production designer Jason Ardizzone-West(‘Adele Live in NYC’) and choreographer Camille A. Brown (‘Once on This Island’).
‘Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert’, a staged version of the original rock musical, will be executive- produced by Andrew Lloyd Webber, Tim Rice, Marc Platt, Craig Zadan, Neil Meron, John Legend, Mike Jackson, Ty Stiklorius and Alex Rudzinski.
Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber’s ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ album hit #1 on the Billboard charts and made its way to the stage in 1971. It is based on the final week of Jesus’ life. The 1971 musical opened at the Mark Hellinger Theatre on Broadway and starred Jeff Fenholt asJesus and Ben Vereen as Judas. It was nominated for five Tonys, including Best Performance by a Featured Actor in a Musical for Vereen. Lloyd Webber won a Drama Desk Award for Most Promising Composer.
Since then, the musical is considered a classic and has become a staple of theatre and music organisations throughout the world. It has been performed in nearly 20 countries andtranslated into 18 different languages. There have been many revivals of ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ over the 46 years since its debut, including 2000 and 2012 Broadway versions that each earned a Tony nomination for Best Revival of a Musical. The 1973 film was directed by Oscar winner Norman Jewison and starred Ted Neeley.
‘Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert’ will be produced by Universal Television, Tim Rice,Andrew Lloyd Webber, The Really Useful Group, Marc Platt Productions and Zadan/Meron Productions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Term and conditions
1. The promoter is London Theatre Bookings
2. Employees of London Theatre Bookings or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Route to entry for the competition is via social media by retweeting and following the Twitter page.
5. Closing date for entry will be Wednesday 4 July 2018 at Midnight. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows: 1 x Jesus Christ Superstar live in concert CD or DVD (randomly selected by the independent adudicator).
8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
10. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
11. Winners will be chosen by an independent adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by the London Theatre Bookings.
12. The winner will be notified by social media within 48 hours of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
13. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
14. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
17. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
18. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
19. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
20. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to London Theatre Bookings and not to any other party.
Take a look at all of our latest news and competitions here