CAREER OPPORTUNITY: Weekend Shop Sales Executive
We have an opportunity for a Weekend Shop Sales Executive in our busy West End ticket shops.
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com to apply.
Closing date for applicants Sunday 11 August 2019.
Job description as follows:
Job Title: Shop Sales Executive
Direct Line Manager: Chief Operating Officer
Support Management: Head Office Sales Team
Hours of work: Saturday & Sunday. 2 days per week. 7.5 hours per day. Shift patterns range from starting at 8.45am and ending at 8.30pm
Purpose of the post: Working as an effective member of London Theatre Bookings shop staff team; the post holder will provide:
• Excellent customer service.
• Accurate and up to date information on production knowledge.
• Adhere to Shop Staff KPI’s, ensuring high standards and efficiency of work.
• Maintaining financial control and accuracy.
• Sales focused and target driven. This is sales-based role, in a targeted environment.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
• The Shops Sales Staff are responsible for selling theatre, concert, attraction tickets and meal deals in one of the company’s many outlets.
• You are required to implement the company’s policy of efficient polite and courteous sale of products and information service.
• You are front line sales staff and responsible to deliver that shops targets and keep that shop open, functioning and customer sale driven. You should report anything that obstructs that to you manager/s.
• You are required to adhere to the full Shop staff KPI’s and your PRP (performance related pay) is reflected on your KPI success rate.
• Your duties could be amended from time to time as your career with the Employer develops and they may be required to carry out other duties at your line manager’s request.
• Employees are responsible for the accuracy of transactions.
• Report any mistakes and problems to the Manager.
• Complete own till cash up; filling in the cashing up sheet legibly
• Check opening and closing balances and reconcile the day’s takings
• Record any errors clearly on cashing up sheets
• Take responsibility for your own behaviour and its effects on others.
• Show flexibility in adapting to changes.
• Demonstrate an organised, effective, and timely approach to all tasks.
• Recognise when colleagues need assistance and offers practical support.
• Demonstrate high standards of integrity and honesty.
• Show ability to work to group and individual targets.
• Undertake delegated tasks with a level of competence.
• Are open and receptive to new information.
• With the help of staff appraisals review own work and identify any development areas.
• Set personal goals and targets to improve own performance
• Identify with reviewer additional development areas which will provide support to the team.
• Communicate calmly, politely and tactfully to customers under all circumstances.
• Treat everyone with dignity and respect.
• Ensure that the customer areas are kept clean and tidy
• Ensure that product posters and leaflets are displayed so that the customer can identify them
• All shop sales assistants are required to wear either their company polo shirt or fleece at all times when working behind the counter.
• Shop sales assistants are required to wear their name badge at all times when working behind the counter.
• All shop staff are required to have good timekeeping skills, as shops need to be open at the times set.
• They are required to clock in and out every day at the clocking in machines in either the Hippodrome or Head Office
Outline of Terms and Conditions
TITLE OF POST: Shop Sales Executive
STARTING SALARY: £17,000pa + GENEROUS PERFORMANCE RELATED PAY **. Rising to £17550pa after 3 month probation
HOURS: 7.5 hours per day; 2 days per week (weekend)
ANNUAL LEAVE: 28 days per year inclusive of bank and public holidays, based upon a 5 day week.
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: 3 months
NOTICE PERIOD: 1 week
PENSION: Ageon Pension Scheme offered by the Employer after three months service.
** Performance related pay (PRP) is at the company’s discretion and does not form part of the contract of employment